Wednesday, July 10, 2013

him - 9jul13 - casey breaks stuff (i actually wrote this yesterday)



blarg. stuck in the damn airport…ohare strikes again! perfect time to catch up and write my much overdue post! on to a funny story about casey. oh, and a random airport video.



story making fun of casey:
so, i’m bringing some of the yummy salmon that i caught with us to michigan. while we were waiting on the plane in anchorage, i plopped my happy ass down on the floor next to a couple of power outlets so that I could charge my phone whilst playing an engrossing, $.99 game. casey, being the friendly chica that she is, joined me after about 15 minutes, bringing with her the fish cooler and various other things (her backpack). after she had everything arranged, she decided, for some reason known only to puppies and small babies, to sit on the cooler. mid-sit, i said “No!” i knew that the cooler wouldn’t support more than a few pounds and i didn’t want her to squish it flat.
 i have to assume she heard me, but the odd thing was that she just hovered over the cooler (kinda in the standard, 'i'm not crappin in a toilet' defecation position) and stared at me. then, there was a quite audible ‘CRACK’ as she broke the cooler just a bit…only a tiny crevasse (stupid, cheap styrofoam!) (or maybe it was just an powerful SBDF that cracked it??). at this point, two separate chains of events and thoughts occurred:

me: what i thought was: “damn, she heard me and either didn’t care or didn’t believe me. then, because she didn’t believe me or care, she broke the cooler!” what i said was: “why didn’t you listen to me (apparently, i said it in a way not unlike a parent speaks to a wayward child while giving her the same kind of ‘look’)? needless to say (though i’ll say it anyhow), this didn’t go over well.

she (i got all this secondhand, from her…duh; it's not like i actually know what she is thinking): what I saw was actually a misinterpretation of the actual events. She actually did hear me and actually did try not squish cooler. what i took to be her air-pooping position was actually her trying to maintain and then regain her balance. when she cracked the cooler, she had just (only for a moment and only a little bit), lost her balance and put a tiny bit of pressure on the cooler…seriously, only a little. then, before she had time to explain, i went ahead and spoke to her like a little tyke. oops. not good on my part.

so, this funny little anecdote actually coincides quite nicely with the blog theme: two very different and not all that funny perspectives on one event. fortunately, it ended well. we went ahead and had makeup ‘relations’ right there on the airport floor…j/k, j/k!!!

update on life and stuff

past
the last few weeks have been pretty damn busy for me. spent the majority of my time painting the inside of my house and starting the packing/moving process. my mom was here for about a week and did me a huge solid in helping to paint the house - she spent about half of her vacation doing it! i’m not finished yet, but it’s looking quite nice!

casey participated in a relay marathon a few days ago with a couple of her friends, meghan and cammie…they each ran 8 miles of the Hatcher Pass road. casey, the psycho that she is, chose to run the hardest, steepest, hilliest portion of the route. i was going to pace on her my bicycle, but realized that the road was steep enough that i wouldn’t be able to keep up with her…i drove instead. super hard work for me...driving and all.




current
so, we’re on the way (actually here already) to northern michigan to spend a week at my grandparents cabin. it should be a pretty relaxing time…some time on the beach and on the water. time with the fam and some tasty vittles.  also, we’re running in a half-marathon up in mackinaw city on the 13th. it’ll be a short training run for casey, but it’ll be about the longest i’ve ever run in one go. i just hope i don’t crap my pants.



a view of lake charlevoix and our sweet boat, the Jayhawk
future
we’ll be in michigan for about 8 days and then back to AK. we’ll spend the first few days back working on packing my house and finishing the painting. casey might go backpacking with some friends. we hope to catch several dozen pounds of salmon with which to stock my freezer! also, we’ll attempt to plan our roadtrip out a bit further than WI…the details, anyhow.

 rock on!

No comments:

Post a Comment